Tuesday 3 July 2007

Just my luck.
As you know, I haven't had any major problems at all this entire pregnancy. But now that my OB-GYN is on holiday for the next couple of weeks I am suddenly experiencing some weird sharp pain about an inch left of my belly button and I would really love his reassurance about it.
It's intermittent but occasionally very painful. Especially when I first get out of bed. It started yesterday morning, and for the most part it went away as the day went on, with only small twinges every now and then. But this morning as I was getting out of bed, it really hit me. I actually had to lie back down for a little bit until the pain subsided.
I can still feel her moving around, so I'm not too worried, but I would like to know what's going on.
Should I go to the hospital for this? Part of me feels that it isn't that serious and that I would be wasting hours just to find out it was perfectly normal, but then I can't stop thinking and worrying about it!

3 comments:

Craftygrrrl said...

That sounds like your tendons and fachia that hold up the uterus are being a bit stretched.

I have it as well and it too seems to only hapen when I'm trying to get into our out of bed. I found that rolling onto my side then putting my hand down by my shoulder ot push myself up seemed to help.

tapeheads said...

I've had to get out of bed like that for the last couple of months!

It sort of feels like the tendons, but it's nowhere near where I usually feel it. It's pretty much in the centre of my abdomen. The tendon pains are usually low on my sides.

Anonymous said...

You feeling okay now?