Saturday 22 December 2007

Well, it's been a pretty interesting couple of weeks here trying to get ready for her first Christmas while battling through our yearly ennui. December has never been a good time for either Joe or myself and the addition of Zoë has made it both harder and easier.
It's so much harder to get things done while carrying her around. But every time we look at her our mood can't help but lift. (As an aside, my respect for my mother has gone through the roof. How she managed to do anything when she had her first 4 kids in 5 years is beyond me. I tried to do some sewing to help my sister out a few weeks ago and I could barely manage to do a couple of seams an hour.)

Shopping with her has been an adventure. Every time we go out together I have to decide stroller or sling. With the stroller I can last longer and can carry more stuff comfortably, but I'm so much more manoeuverable with the sling. Tiny shops and public transportation are a breeze. (especially with my new boots!)
The sling has been winning for the most part. That means I'm exhausted at the end of the day though. I've taken to leaving her with Joe for an hour or so every couple of days to just sit in a coffee shop and relax.
We even left her with my niece for an hour last week so Joe and I could spend some time together without her. That was rather strange. But good. We probably won't have a chance to do that again until the new year, but hopefully it can turn into a regular thing.

Onto the pictures. I have week 15 (I missed week 14.) and her first picture with the fat man!




No comments: