Thursday 15 May 2008

Well, we had a bit of drama today. I popped over to my parents house before going to the doctor today to see how my mom was doing. (She also had a doctor's appointment yesterday and today.) I hadn't been there more than a couple of minutes when my dad took a look at Z and started freaking out, saying she had measles. My parents are CP24 junkies and the recent measles outbreak was very much on their mind.
After he more or less kicked me out of the house we went to the doctor's office 3 hours early for the appointment. They weren't thrilled to see me, but I didn't know what else to do. I had already called one of my sisters and she talked me down from the panic that my father had instilled in me.
When the doctor finally saw me she did a couple checks and finally announced that she was pretty sure it wasn't measles but only roseola and sent us off home.
If she gets worse, I'm to return to the doctor immediately but the doctor doesn't think we have anything to worry about. It doesn't stop me from worrying just a little bit though.

Oh, and thank goodness the ear infection never came to pass.

2 comments:

Craftygrrrl said...

Oh good grief! Aren't Parents just grand some days?!

On the bright side the Roseola would explain her temperature!

Jillian said...

It sounds like you guys have had a yucky week. Hopefully this weekend will have zero dr. appointments and just fun times!