Friday 3 October 2008

what we did on our summer vacation

Well that was a longer than expected break.
So much to catch up on! We had quite the eventful summer. The best I'll be able to manage today is a quick overview - with lots of pictures!

We went to the cottage for a couple of weeks



where we spent as much time as possible in the water!

We went to the park a lot!

She now loves the swing after being terrified of it for a couple of weeks. She also loves going down the slide with her dad.

She learned to walk!!

She's really steady now and can even run without holding on to anything, but she still likes the security of holding someone's hand.

We went to the Ex.


where we saw some animals including one also named Zoe




We packed the house up


and moved!



She had her first birthday


Where yummy cake was consumed!


Since then it's been all unpacking and trying to organize our new place. It's a bit of a challenge because I'm back at work now. So we only have a couple of hours every night and the weekends. Joe does as much as he can during the day, but he's now looking after her while I work so that puts a bit of a crimp in things.
She and Joe have been getting along swimmingly during the day together though. So much so that she barely misses me. When I get home, she lunges at me in order to nurse, but after that, she wanders away to play amongst the boxes quite happily. I'm in two minds about this. I'm really happy that she adjusted so easily to my being away all day, but of course, it's a bit of an ego crusher as well.

One upside to being back at work though is lots more Z free computer time! so expect more frequent updates.

Here's one more bounus shot of my little rockstar!

4 comments:

E said...

Oh, I am ever so glad you're back to posting! I love little Z:)

Ms. Wilderness said...

Good to see you back.

Not An Artist said...

Yay :)

I loooove that last pic of Zoe in her well-accessorized Che shirt ;)

Unknown said...

Love the wrap up of the summer. Most awesome!!!

Jean-Anne